Outstanding Service-Learning Teachers (2)
Chung Yuan Christian University
Enforcement Rules Governing Selection of Outstanding Teachers of Service- Learning
Approved by Service-Learning Steering Committee in 1st semester of the school year of 2013 on January 9, 2014
Approved by Service-Learning Steering Committee in 1st semester of the school year of 2014 on January 6, 2015
Approved by Service-Learning Steering Committee in 2nd semester of the school year of 2014 on June 9, 2015
Amended per the letter under Yuan-Mi-Zi No. 1050002657 dated August 25, 2016
Approved by Service-Learning Steering Committee in 2nd semester of the school year of 2016 on June 8, 2017
Article 1. In order to honor the involvement and contribution by teachers of the University and help the selection operate successfully, the Enforcement Rules are established in accordance with Article 6 of the “Chung Yuan Christian University Regulations Governing Incentives for Outstanding Teachers of Service-Learning”.
Article 2. The selection of outstanding teachers of Service-Learning shall be conducted once per school year. The relevant operating procedures are stated as follows:
- The applicant shall participate in the selection throughout the University upon recommendation by the given college by the published deadline each year.
- The applicant shall provide the application form and following information:
(1) The contents of Service-Learning courses taught by him/her in the most recent two (2) years and instructional evaluation report thereof.
(2) Various example illustrations and important contributions which afford to prove his/her outstanding achievements in Service-Learning.
- State students’ growth results after the students are urged to participate in the Service-Learningactivities.
- State teachers’ growth results after the teachers make themselves as an example and participate in the Service-Learning activities.
- Any works related to Service-Learningunder the peer-review system domestically/overseas (workshops, journals and books).
- Act as the principal investigator of any Service-Learningprotocol subsidized by Ministry of Education, any other public sector or non-profit-seeking organization.
- Any awards related to Service-Learning(international, national or regional).
- Effects of voluntary promotion of Service-Learningand exert of Service-Learning spirit after being invited to give speech or act as a trainer in any Service-Learning activities inside/outside the University.
- Any other characteristics which afford to demonstrate the Service-Learning.
III. The Service-Learning Steering Committee shall complete the review by July of each year. In addition to reviewing the information in writing and electronic form, the Committee may inquire the applicant’s opinion and then respond to the application.
Article 3. Selection Criteria
- Scope of review:
(1) Integration of learning courses into Service-Learning (35%)
(2) Promotion of Service-Learning and integration of resources inside/outside the University (35%)
(3) Teacher’s personal participation and promotion performance (15%)
(4) Others (15%)
- Rating method:
The Service-Learning Center of Office of Student Affairs shall nominate several review members inside/outside the University, and the Service-Learning Steering Committee Chairman shall select 3 ~ 5 members therefrom to form the primary review committee dedicated to reviewing the outstanding teachers of Service-Learning based on the “Principles Governing Review of Outstanding Teachers of Service-Learning” as the rating criteria.
Article 4. Selection Mechanism
- The selection shall adopt the vote by secret.
- The selection shall be attended and voted by more than two-thirds of the whole members.
Article 5. The Rules shall be promulgated by the President and enforced upon approval of the Service-Learning Steering Committee. The same shall apply where the Rules are amended.
Principles Governing Review of Outstanding Teachers of Service-Learning
Scope of review
1. Integration of learning courses into Service-Learning(35%)
The learning courses compose of Service-Learning elements in nature (including preparation, action, reflection and celebration), capable of intensifying the spirit and value of Service-Learning.
Professional courses: By the teaching strategies for Service-Learning, achieve the remarkable results in helping students serve the society with professional knowledge and training the professional persons who may care the society concurrently.
General courses: Participate in teaching of courses composing of Service-Learning elements in nature, establish the Service-Learningcourses or system, and teach students about attitude and personality by means of the guidance and process of providing services to achieve the purpose of holistic education.
2. Promotion of Service-Learning and integration of resources inside/outside the University (35%)
Promote the Service-Learning actively, encourage the University’s students to organize or participate in the Service-Learning-related activities, train students’ Service-Learning spirit, and upgrade young students’ social civic awareness.
Combine with the private groups’ expertise and resources permanently and constantly to provide students with the chance to learn from services.
Work with neighborhood communities to organize ministrant activities in nature outside the University, and train students’ care for the community and civic participation.
3. Teacher’s personal participation and promotion performance (15%)
Enrich the personal professional knowledge about Service-Learning, attend the Service-Learning-related training courses, and glad to share Service-Learning-related teaching experience and results.
Initiate ministrant activities actively, periodically or from time to time, to lead students to participate in and experience the true meaning of services and receive positive and concrete feedback from the served entities.
Continue to participate in social services, set oneself as an example and become the role model for all students.
4. Others (15%)
Innovative action helpful for promotion and rebuilding of Service-Learning.
With special contribution to the University, society and country in nature.
Note: The Principles are established base don the “Service-Learning Incentive Program” promulgated by Ministry of Education on March 27, 2015.