Young Service-Learning Talent Training Plan
Young Service-Learning Talent Training Plan of Youth Development Administration, Ministry of Education
Service-Learning refers to the integration of service and learning and also a model of empirical education dedicated to satisfying the service recipients’ needs and boosting service providers’ learning and development through planned social service activities and systematic introspection process.
I. Objectives of Plan
1. Train the youth’s knowledge about Service-Learning and ability to analyze mentally, introspect and act voluntarily, help them explore their career and secure the strength in practicing and action.
2. Integrate related resources, construct supportive systems, encourage interdisciplinary integration, provide the youth with the chance of diversified Service-Learning, and train the youth’s social and civil responsibility.
3. Upgrade the youth’s vision, inspire the creativity for Service-Learning, develop the youth’s power of action, train the youth to grow and share with others, create a beautiful society with harmony and hope.
Youth Development Administration, Ministry of Education
Youth of 18~35 years old
January 1, 2017~December 31, 2019
V. Job Contents
1. Train talents and solicit for programs
(I) Organizing the young Service-Learning talent training
Be oriented toward young talent training, organize the young Service-Learning talent training, train the youth to secure the knowledge about Service-Learning, and guide them to draft programs, practice the skills in planning and marketing, develop the ability to create and integrate, and plan integrated and practicable Service-Learning design.
(II) Solicitation for Service-Learning-oriented programs
(1) Be oriented toward the youth learning growth, solicit for the topic (e.g. Rural education, care for the disadvantaged, young entrepreneurs and retirees, social enterprise and environmental sustainability) Service-Learning programs, encourage the youth to care the social issues and needs, propose innovative solutions and fulfill the civic responsibility.
(2) Encourage non-profit-seeking organizations to research, develop and design the young Service-Learning programs and guide the youth to participate in solving the social needs or issues.
2. Execute plans and practice ideas
(I) Encourage the youth to execute the Service-Learning programs
Let the youth team up with each other to apply their visions, creative ideas and passion, and execute the topic Service-Learningprograms with their professional skills, or let the non-profit-seeking organizations work with the youth to practice the work together to strengthen the youth’s learning and growth.
(II) Provide the youth with bonus for practicing
With respect to the feasible programs researched and proposed by the young teams or non-profit-seeking organizations, provide excellent teams with bonus for practicing to help the youth practice their creative ideas in real life.
3. Select programs and lead introspection
(I) Select the young Service-Learning programs
Build the sharing platform for the youth, integrate the concept about introspection of Service-Learning to enable the youth to share and exchange with each other for experience through the selection of Service-Learning practitioners after providing the services physically, so that they may learn experience from each other and facilitate their common sense and growth.
(II) Introduce trainers’ consultation and guidance
In the process of conceiving and practicing ideas by the youth, various trainers from the non-profit-seeking organizations specialized in different areas were invited to participate in the visits and provide assistance and feedback, guide the youth to introspect and enhance the youth’s ability to solve problems and critical thinking.
4. Honor role models and expand effect
(I) Honor excellent Service-Learning youth
Select the excellent teams under the young Service-Learning plan and honor the teams to the public to set the model learned by the youth and encourage more young people to join the team.
(II) Produce the young Service-Learning journal or video
Produce the young Service-Learning journal or video based on such materials as the young Service-Learning experience or touching stories to communicate the effect and movement of the Service-Learning and encourage more young people to participate in the services.
The expenditure required by the plan is allocated from the annual budget.
VII. Effect evaluation indicators
1. Train 160 young Service-Learning talents each year.
2. Organize the competition for young Service-Learning creative programs each year.
3. Produce 5 young Service-Learning videos each year, which will be broadcast at the presentation for sharing of Service-Learning results.
4. Select excellent Service-Learning youth to be honored.
The Plan will focus on promotion of the concept about Service-Learning, establishment of cooperative network, accumulation of experience in boosting the same and deepening of the Service-Learning effects. Meanwhile, with the experience in practicing Service-Learning for more than one decade, we introduce new elements and new life to promote the diversified caring learning for the youth, develop the youth’s caring for others, train the youth’s service spirit and public awareness, upgrade their civic literacy and build a beautiful and kind society.