Department of Interior Design
Department of Interior Design – Furniture Planning
Teaching hourly fee
Type of Service
(Multiple options allowed)
□ Educational counseling □ Information technology ■ Creative design
□ Community development □ Marketing and promotion □ Social service
□ International care □ Cultural archives □ Environmental protection
□ Others ____________________
(Evaluation on Service Programs)
The objectives of courses may be interpreted in different terms:
1. In terms of the students’ growth: The students may experience the importance of social services and train their understanding and care for the disadvantaged groups, through the brand new service learning courses.
2. In terms of the benefits to be gained by service recipient: The living environment may be improved by the physical creative service, and the teaching may be conducted with the meaningful aid from the communication procedure.
3. In terms of the creative teaching model: The location of learning may be transformed from traditional classroom into the live service area. Solving problems from learning by doing refers to a realistic and advanced practicing very helpful for the teaching effectiveness.
4. In terms of creative service model: Change the traditional service model by introducing professionalism into services and providing services in a manner benefiting both parties.
Objectives of Plan
The interior design refers to a design service focusing on the design of interior space, which must satisfy the owner’s needs and limits on design conditions. Meanwhile, when analyzing any problems, needs, limits and feasibility, the designer needs to communicate with the owner so as to propose the optimal design program fitting the owner’s characteristics. The courses aim at helping the students establish their ability to research problems, think creatively, express programs and prepare budget, for the review on the general ability to implement programs. The courses adopt the service learning teaching model out of the motive to have the students practice their learning in class on the site physically by virtue of the service learning process. The knowledge learned from classes may be validated by the experience in the service process, and the students may find their defects and weakness in the majors they take based on their experience in providing the service, so as to stimulate their motive and efforts of learning.
The concrete implementation strategies include:
1. Introduction of the concept and experience about service—
Inspire the trainees’ motive to engage in providing service by the service experience shared by the senior, and stimulate their willingness to learn by the experience shared by the National Youth Contribution Award and Holistic Caring Award winners.
2. Demand investigation and communication experience—
Communicate with the owner through the research on the physical environmental space to enable students to verify the efforts to be spent in the communication for conceiving and practicing ideas.
3. Proposal submission and implementation plan—
To establish the trainees’ ability to deal with frustration and alternative programs through the process for proposing, communicating and coordinating the service program.
Name of Organization or Community receiving the service: The Carpenter’s House/Ai-Jia Development Center.
Service Recipient Disadvantaged groups/physically and mentally disordered; Number of service recipients: 80 persons （Not the number of trainees）
Objectives of Courses
(1) Know the types and functions of furniture;
(2) Understand the meaning of furniture planning;
(3) Know the brand and characteristics of furniture;
(4) Plan adequate furniture per the nature of space;
(5) Complete the furniture planning and briefing required by the physical program.
Model and contents of implementation of service programs
( to the contents of courses for 18 weeks on a weekly basis)
(Please added the lines, if necessary.)
Total service learning hours
Total course hours: 36 hours
Students’ actual service hours: 24 hours
Number of student teams: a total of 1 team, consisting of 60 persons.
Total number of service recipients: 60 persons (number of service recipients*number of frequency).
Descriptions about expected students’ growth in professions
Based on the past learning experience and the implementation of service learning, the students may find the importance of teamwork and professional division of labor and experience the actual social operation earlier, so as to greatly help them in the future employment. The qualitative performance objectives may be interpreted in the following four manners:
1. Learn professional knowledge voluntarily and train the ability to solve problems;
2. Attend class to learn knowledge and practice design outside classroom;
3. Learn skill in interaction and communication and find out the need for customer service;
4. Fulfill creative design idea, and integrate and practice professional skills.
Anticipated benefits to be gained the service recipient
1. Receive professional supporting service and solve actual problems;
2. Improve space and environment, and upgrade field quality;
3. Integrate service resources and provide substantial helps.
(Please include the way to assess service programs.)
1. Report on the program results (written)
2. Sharing of service learning experience (verbal)
3. Satisfaction survey and feedback (feedback by the owner)
(Not required to be specified, if it is the first time to apply for the courses.)