Center for Teacher Education
Center for Teacher Education – Interpersonal relationship and communication
Interpersonal relationship and communication
Teaching hourly fee
Teacher education program-Medium
Type of Service
(Multiple options allowed)
■ Educational counseling □ Information technology □ Creative design
□ Community development □ Marketing and promotion □ Social service □ International care
□ Cultural archives □ Environmental protection □ Others ____________________
(Evaluation on Service Programs)
Fair interpersonal communication and teamwork is identified as an important core competency. The studying process could be identified as the critical timing to learn interactions and teamwork with other persons. In the process of study, some students might have no idea how to interact with others as they are not good at social interactions, or have no idea about how to deal with interpersonal conflicts and, therefore, feel stressed. More seriously, some would be pushed aside or attacked by their peers. Given this, a lot of juvenile issues are derived. Therefore, training the interpersonal EQ is one of our motives for the Plan. Meanwhile, we feel that the junior and elementary school students spend too much time in interacting online, but have no idea about handling the face-to-face interaction to develop in-depth or close interpersonal relationships. Therefore, we hope to provide the service recipients with more chance to know themselves and others and also increase their positive experience in excellent interpersonal relationship through the service learning.
Objectives of Plan
1. Care for the mentally disadvantaged students.
2. Guide the students to know themselves and others through the interpersonal activity, and then achieve self-acceptance, increase their positive experience in excellent interpersonal relationship and interaction, and develop their personality and sociability.
3. By the role model placed by student teachers and the fair interaction with them, they inspire students to grow and boost the students’ healthy development with imperceptible influence.
Name of Organization or Community receiving the service: Angel Heart Family Social Welfare Foundation/I-Link Community Services Associations (Taiwan)
Service recipient: Underachievement or disadvantaged students; Number: 60 persons (Not the number of trainees)
Objectives of Courses
1. Important theories and concepts about how to know interpersonal relationship and communication.
2. Enhancement of sensitivity and awareness toward interpersonal interaction.
3. Learning effective communication skills and strategies.
4. Upgrade the interpersonal communication ability to handle excellent interpersonal relationship and interaction with groups or classes.
5. Provide services to the disadvantaged students to help them overcome their depression about frustration, boost their self-growth and increase their positive mental resources.
Model and contents of implementation of service programs
(Introduction to the contents of courses for 18 weeks on a weekly basis)
(Please add the lines, if necessary.)
Total service learning hours
Total course hours: 36 hours
Students’ actual service hours: At least 12 hours
Number of student teams: 4 teams, a total of 20~30 persons.
Total number of service recipients: 240 persons (number of service recipients*number of frequency).
Descriptions about expected students’ growth in professions
1. Understand what they have learned, and discuss with the team through physical interaction about the theories and concepts learned by them collectively.
2. Implement the concrete teaching practice to upgrade the expression ability and communication skills and strengthen the communication ability.
3. Interact with the junior high school students to practice the communication skills and establish excellent relationship to upgrade the sociability.
4. Perform meaningful service learning, develop personal positive strengthens and learn how to solve problems and work with team, and fulfill the care for life.
Anticipated benefits to be gained the service recipient
The service recipients may know better about themselves and others through the interpersonal activities, strengthen their knowledge about interpersonal relationship and communication, and train their ability of interpersonal connection. Meanwhile, they would feel cared in the interaction with student teachers and feel recognized and optimistic, and thereby their self-growth and mental health may be boosted.
(Please include the way to assess service programs.)
1. 20% for Attendance and participation.
2. 40% for implementation of service and report on results (including the service program planning, practice and teamwork, and personal introspection).
3. 20% for the topic report.
4. 20% for the learning experience sharing.